*Shared Communal Costs include accommodation, food (2 communal meals per day + access to the food to prepare are third meal and cook on the weekends), internet, electricity, gas for cooking and everything else we share communally. Fungi Academy community is not for profit and no part of the Shared Communal Costs is going to anyone’s pocket, ever! The only way we can sustainable be open for you to live here is if we all share the communal costs.
If at any point of your stay you feel like you need more time off, then you can become a Guest for a day or few.
We are currently looking for
people who are trained in the following areas:
- Mushroom Cultivation
- Web Writing
- Social Media (experience in Facebook and Instagram, creation of memes, posts and newsletter)
- Permaculture/Landscaping (experience in tropical climate with strong rainy and dry seasons)
- Project and Volunteer Management
- Kitchen Management
Interested in Volunteering at Fungi Academy?
Things to bring
- Lots of Love for Mushrooms
- Your own food for snacking
- A torch for night time
- Mosquito repellent if you’re sensitive, there are not too many around
- ORGANIC shampoo, soap.., all our waste water goes into nature
- Hiking shoes/boots in rainy season
- Enough money to pay for your whole stay in cash (Quetzales)
- Please don’t bring any unnecessary trash, we are a no-waste project and recycle everything
Please arrive on a Sunday, so we can start the week together on Monday with a Morning Circle and a tour of the property.
If you have special skills to offer but don’t have sufficient funds we are always open to find different solutions. Please contact us anyways. We can also give discounts to people from low income countries on a case-by-case basis.